Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The New Chicken Coop

We had a fun day yesterday, we (by we I mean John) built our new chicken coop!  Sooooo fun, I have wanted chickens for ever and John finally agreed this year.  He built a chicken coop with a friend of ours at their house and then bought us chickens a week later.  I guess he was inspired.
The problem was that the area we wanted to put the coop in (our garden area) did not have a fence around it.  It is in the area behind our garage and we had never gotten around to the fence.   The fence had to be built first, I can not believe how much the fence changed our garden area, it is now a nice private place that I love to sit in with John in the mornings or evenings when we go out to work in the garden.  Once the fence was in John got to work on the coop and I just love it.  He did such a good job.  The chickens love it too, they like it much better than the little house they lived in in our garage for the last month or so.  I can not wait to start getting eggs, from what we have read, we can begin to expect them around August.


Last years garden with no fence.



This years garden with the new fence.


The new coop.

A few of our chickens.  We have seven.

Another angle of the coop.

I love our little garden area.  Someday I hope we have a bit of land to call our own but until then we will make the best of what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment