Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Valentine Mantle

I do not normally decorate too much for Valentine's Day and I almost never change my mantle for anything other than Christmas but I am hosting Bunco here next month so I decided to see what I could do.  My goal was cheap cheap cheap! Oh, and cute.  It is pretty simple but I like it and I achieved the cheap goal!

Here is the close up.  I got the heart ornaments after Christmas at Target, $1 for four, the vintage postcards were a free printable from here, the mason jars were inspired by pinterest and I had all the stuff for those, and I modge podged fabric to card board and cut out the letters for "LOVE". Pretty easy and cheap.  Oh yeah, I already had the wreath, wrapped in some fabric and stuck on a angel holding a heart Christmas ornament. I think it is kind of fun and I might be inspired to change up the mantle a little more often.


linking up here

oh and p.s. I am obviously not a very good "stager" because you can see the little yellow lego I hid behind the owl ornament to keep it upright.  Oops!
p.p.s trying to talk my hubby into letting me paint the fire place white.  I so do not like the red brick.          

2 comments:

  1. Your mantel looks so sweet! Wishing you a wonderful Sunday! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lynette! Your mantel is just LOVELY! I love everything about it... and that ladder is too neat! What a great idea! I'm your newest follower. It's always great meeting people that love Jesus! He is faithful! Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com if you get a chance. =)

    ReplyDelete